Sleep and 6 pillars of wellbeing
There is six pillars of wellbeing (SPICES), one of which is “Physical”. Part of this pillar is sleep. Here is couple of tips I found helpeful that doesnt cost anything and have highest impact on the quality of my sleep. I try to apply them daily.
- Regular sleep regime (in bed by X)
- Regular length at least 8hours for start (can be reduced later once REM and DEEP sleep has been stabilised)
- Dark room (use eye cover if needed)
- Limit noise during sleep (use ear plugs)
- Limit blue light exposure at minimum 6hours prior to bedtime (use red light bulbs or true dark glasses)
- Last meal at least 4hours prior to bedtime (ideally protein, avoid simple sugars)
- Room temperature at 19C
- Cool down routine prior to bedtime (meditation, bath, chi, stretching)
Then there is a list of nice-to-have biohacking tips that can truly elevate your sleep somewhere else which I will share at some other time.
Help your sleep, help your future self.