This is the trading thought process I am using before each entry
- is this a playbook entry?
- is this play supported by big picture? is it in line with big picture trend?
- is it momo or swing trade?
- is the RR > 2? is the risk worthwhile my time?
- are there any strong obstacles on the way to 2R?
- what is playing against me? what is playing in my favour?
- where are you going to adjust your SL (fade/break type)?
- under what circumstances are you going to exit the trade manually?
In case I got through all the checks here are last questions:
- do you really believe you can make money playing setups like this one in a long term?
- in case of the worst case scenario, will you be ashamed for this trade?
More on the self-awarness part later.